Staying fresh and clean is an important part of preserving health and well-being. Bathing regularly keeps the skin healthy, comfortable, and resistant to damage and infection, removes germs, and reduces the risk for illness. Being clean is also an important part of maintaining a good sense of self-esteem and self-worth. However, elderly adults struggle with challenges and limitations that keep them from being able to bathe fully as often as they, or you as their family caregiver, may like. They may struggle with mobility challenges, have recently undergone a medical procedure that keeps them from being in the water, deal with cognitive functioning decline, or have some other issue that keeps them from being able to bathe or shower. This shouldn’t mean, however, that they shouldn’t be fresh and clean. Fortunately, there are products on the market that can enable you as their family caregiver to help them stay clean even when they are not able to take a bath or shower.
Some products you can use to help your parent feel fresh and clean when they cannot bathe include:
- Rinse-free wash cloths. These cloths are embedded with a cleanser that does not need to be rinsed away with water. Simply wipe these across your senior’s skin to freshen them up in between regular baths.
- Personal cleansing foam. This simple foam is a refreshing way to help a senior who is not able to bathe or shower stay feeling clean, particularly if they struggle with incontinence and other such issues.
- Mobile sink. A mobile sink can be connected to a bathtub or sink with a hose and then brought into another room such as a bedroom so your parent can have a sponge bath. The water is then drained just like from the tub.
If your senior has recently been diagnosed with a new health issue, is experiencing an increase or worsening of symptoms or challenges, or you simply feel they would benefit from more care, now may be the ideal time for you to consider elder care for them. The diversification of care is a fantastic way to boost social interaction, stimulate your senior’s mind, and encourage them to live a more active and engaged quality of life. The highly personalized care of an elderly home care services provider can help your parent to cope with the challenges they are facing in ways that are right for them while also encouraging them to maintain their lifestyle and preserve their independence and individuality as they age.
If you or an aging loved one are considering elder care in Monticello, FL, please call the caring staff at Hopewell In-Home Senior Care today at 850-386-5552. Providing Senior Care Services in North Florida
Latest posts by Jami D. Eddy (see all)
- What about Exercise with COPD? - June 25, 2019
- How Do You Handle Hearing Loss in an Elderly Parent? - June 18, 2019
- Lawn Care Tips for Keeping Your Senior’s Surroundings Safe - June 11, 2019